Monday, September 10, 2012

Cleanliness is close to godliness :)

Happy Monday to you!  Hope your weekend was a good one and that you're ready for this week to start.  After a hectic weekend with the kids, I like to clean my house.  Monday is the perfect day for that...Sunday night too {if I'm not exhausted}!  I find that cleaning on Thursdays and Mondays works well for us.  Obviously I do some random cleaning, picking up on a daily basis as well.

Since I have children, it has become more important to me to know what I'm using for cleaning products.  I'm trying use earth friendly products that don't leave as much chemical residue in my house and in the ground!  So after reviewing and trying a few products I've chosen the ones that seem to clean well, smell good and that are environmentally friendly.  

I thought I could share the products I use, why I like them and how I use them.  I know sometimes products that are more earth friendly are more expensive, however that isn't always the case.  To each our own and I in no way, shape or form think that you "have" to use these greener products.  It's simply a matter of personal opinion and taste!

To start I thought I could show you how I try to keep my household as clean and organized as possible {sometimes this is just impossible}!  My cleaning schedule looks something like this:


Obviously some of the odds and ends of picking up aren't listed here, but this is the basis for my cleaning.

I've been using a meli melo of Melaleuca and Seventh generation products.  Every once in a while I'll grab some Method {but rarely}.  I also love to use Mr. Clean erasers...if you have children you know that these are the ultimate handy tool for cleaning :)

Here are the products that are always available in my cleaning closet.  


Sol-u-guard is a great disinfectant I love to use all around the kitchen.  I use it to wipe down my sink, counters, table, etc... One of these bottles last a while as you use 1/4 of this solution in a spray bottle and fill with water.



This smells awesome.  Leaves my floors nice and clean.  I have hardwood and tile and it does an amazing job on both.  This bottle lasts a long time as you only need a dime size in your bucket of hot water.

Great for cleaning our tubs and showers.  Again, this bottle goes a long way as you add 1/4 of this solution in a spray bottle and fill the rest with water.

I have to say this is on my favorite cleaning products list!  After washing your tub and shower, you spray some of this and wipe down.  Leaves surfaces nice and shiny and above all it helps keep it clean. It helps avoid scum build up.

This one is my go to if I have a stain.  Again, a little of this in some water and you've got yourself a great stain remover.  It definitely helps remove odors as well.

Second on my favorite's list is the Rustic Touch!  Great for dusting while conditioning your wood furniture.  Also, this works wonders on my stainless steel.  You just have to be careful not to get any on the floor, 'cause it gets pretty slippery.
Dish Soap

I love the smell of this dish soap.  It has been working well for me.  When it comes to the dishwasher, I have yet to find an environmentally friendly cleanser that does the job for me.  I've stuck with cascade since that's what works best for me.


4X Concentrated Laundry Detergent



When it comes to laundry, I have to be careful what I use since I have two kiddos with eczema.  So far the detergents that we have done well with are the two above.  They smell good and you don't need much to get the job done.

Now I clip coupons and try to save every penny I can so at first it did seem like these products were a lot more expensive than my original crew of products.  I thought I'd try it and really pay attention and compare.  It turns out that it isn't more expensive.  You don't need a lot of product to clean well, which I think makes a difference.  

So here you have it.  These are my go to supplies when it comes to cleaning.  I love the efficiency of them all and love the smells even more!  Seriously, the smell of cleanliness just makes my heart melt :)   I'm always up for a new product.  I'd love to know what your using to make your home oh so clean :)

Melaleuca has an incredible line of products.   If you'd like to find out more about this company and it's products, go to www.melaleuca.com.  For more on Seventh Generation, go to www.seventhgeneration.com

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

Jen 


No comments:

Post a Comment